Hummus has been a Middle Eastern favorite for centuries! Absolutely DEEE-licious, just dip raw veggies or whole meal bread and enjoy! A great way to convince children to eat raw veggies, this one-of-a-kind ancient recipe is a real crowd-pleaser! Full of fiber, protein, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, iron, folate, phosphorus as well as vitamin B and C.
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 1 bowl
- (4.3 /5)
- 179 ratings
- 1 can of Chickpea (Garbanzo beans)
- 3 or 4 cloves of Garlic
- Half a Lemon
- 2 teaspoons of Cumin
- 1 teaspoon of Himalayan Pink Salt
- 2 tablespoon of Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon of Paprika
- Optional but highly recommended:
- Half a Capsicum
- 1 tablespoon of RESTORE Microsliced Chia Seeds
5g Total Fats
51g Total Carbs
- Place chickpeas, tahini, cumin, olive oil, lemon juice , salt and garlic into blender.
- Steam Capsicum for 15 minutes, then chill until cool then add to blender.
- Blend for 1 minute or until creamy smooth.
- Pour into bowl. Drizzle olive oil and sprinkle paprika on top. Serve with your choice of raw vegetables, wholemeal or pita bread.